Institutes and Centers
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
IBI works with collaborators both within the university and externally. Areas of study include cancer, infectious diseases, brain and behavior, injury and performance, policy, economics, reproductive and family health, and cardiovascular and metabolic issues.
CINA is a Mason-led multidisciplinary academic consortium that pursues innovative strategies and solutions to advance criminal network analysis, forensics, and investigative processes. It's a Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence.
As pressures from migration and climate change accelerate natural and manmade disasters, Mason's trans-disciplinary C-RASC aims to help communities with rebuilding, as well as with preparations to prevent damage.
At IDIA, entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, and business leaders will join Mason students and researchers in driving innovation in the digital economy and collaborating on business opportunities.
QSEC advances transdisciplinary quantum technologies and trains the quantum workforce. Research areas include nonclassical algorithms and computing, quantum material growth and characterization, and quantum-sensing technologies and devices.
July 6, 2020
June 26, 2020
June 19, 2020
June 17, 2020
Mason's schools and colleges support many centers conducting specialized research.
- College of Education and Human Development: Areas of study include education, digital media, sports medicine and management, and improving the lives of those with disabilities.
- College of Health and Human Services: Areas of study include health informatics, ethics and policy, and chronic illness.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Areas of study include immigration, public policy, climate change, and criminal justice.
- College of Science: Areas of study include molecular medicine, geospatial intelligence, biodefense, and the environment.
- College of Visual and Performing Arts: The Center for Arts and Wellness makes health education an integral part of students' lives.
- Schar School of Policy and Government: Areas of study include intelligence, medical policies, and the economy.
- Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution: Areas of study include gender issues, peacemaking, and religion.
- School of Business: Areas of study include government contracting, entrepreneurship, and consumer protection.
- Volgenau School of Engineering: Areas of study include transportation, secure information systems, and C4I and cyber.
- Antonin Scalia Law School: Areas of study include national security, intellectual property, constitutional freedoms, privacy, and economics.
Mason-Affiliated Centers and Institutes
Some external research groups are affiliated with the university, with Mason faculty working with their teams. They include:
- Center for Media and Public Affairs: This nonpartisan research and educational organization conducts scientific studies of the news and entertainment media.
- Institute for Humane Studies: This organization champions classical liberal ideas and the scholars who advance them.
- Mercatus Center: This organization provides market-oriented ideas to bridge the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems.